- HANDSOME GEORGIAN COUNTRY HOUSE
- PLANNING APPROVAL FOR RENOVATION OF EXISTING PROPERTY WITH LARGE CONTEMPORARY EXTENSION, SEAMLESSLY BLENDING TRADITIONAL WITH MODERN
- SECLUDED AND ROMANTIC SETTING WITH RIVER FRONTAGE
- PROPOSED 6 RECEPTION ROOMS, KITCHEN & PANTRY
- 5 BEDS, 3 EN-SUITES, EN-SUITE DRESSING ROOM,AND FAMILY BATHROOM
- BALCONY AND SEATING AREA
- RECESSED TRIPLE GARAGE WITH SEDUM ROOF
- LEAFY GROUNDS EXTENDING TO 1 ACRE
- UNIQUE RENOVATION PROJECT
A unique opportunity to acquire an exceptionally handsome Georgian House, in need of renovation and upgrading.
With leafy and sunny surroundings, the house stands in a romantic and sheltered location with river frontage. The property has the benefit of planning permission, application number (14/00453/B) to renovate and extend with a contemporary design, creating a stunning new home of circa 5,000 sq ft. The overall size could be altered by the purchaser to suit, subject to necessary approval.
The contemporary design successfully blends the original house with single storey side extensions and a cutting edge two storey extension to the rear, providing two formal reception rooms both with adjacent garden rooms. The layout further incorporates a snug/family room, open plan lounge with dining area, seating area and kitchen with pantry. The first floor would boast five bedrooms, three en-suites, a family bathroom and en-suite dressing room. It is proposed that a balcony would overlook the wooded garden towards the river. A separate triple garage block would be recessed into the embankment with grass/ sedum roof to blend into the surrounding landscape.
The site extends to approximately 1 acre.
The private schools and Airport in the south are but a short drive away.
There is no expiry on the planning as work has already commenced.